Ethan 'n Beckett Land

Monday, November 06, 2006

13 Months Old!

This month Ethan learned to run, and to say more words - that only few people understand, and he understands us all of a sudden! When we say, "Go get your shoes" - he does! I see a whole world of child labour opening up in front of us - that is if he is in the mood for co-operating... Shoes, juice, ball, backpack - I mean szuz, joos, buh, bapa...we're just glad he can start to ask for what he wants!

I have been working quite a bit - hence the lag in the updates...
So daddy and Ethan have had some more one on one time together, which they both love. There is nothing like watching them interact, I could do it all day. When I am working at the office I wonder what they are up to...it is always a lot of fun to hear the stories and see the state of chaos in the house after I have been away from them. When I am working at home I get to hear the chaos, and spy a little when I need to take a break from the computer.
Our house is the place of the "I'm gonna get you" chase game, squeals and emptying the contents of the cupboards repeatedly right now. Ethan is very curious, very busy - even for a toddler. He is really into his pointing gesture - to assist with acquiring items he does not know the words for, and he has started to see how things get put back together instead of just ripping things apart. He likes to put smaller items in bigger items and fit shapes together - this is the only time he will sit quietly for more than half a minute!

I find myself exhausted at the end of a full day with him - and I appreciate the balance of getting to work a bit away from him - which I was surprised at. At this point I feel like there is nothing more challenging, yet rewarding than life with a toddler. Every day I think about how lucky we are to be enjoying such a great life, even after an afternoon of whining and protests. Its like he knows how to turn on the cute and charming when you've just about had enough of him - and he burrows in for a rough snuggle. Ah, the delicate balance of life magnified each and every day for us. Thanks, Ethan - for being you!

Love, Mama