Ethan 'n Beckett Land

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Little Pumpkin


Earlier today, Ethan and I went to the Pumpkin Patch. Tomorrow is the first day of my favorite month of the year, and also the day we are having Ethan's birthday party for his little friends.
I wanted the house to look festive and I wanted to give little pumpkins to Ethan's friends for party gifts - so we went to pick about 15 pumpkins.
We 4x4ed the stroller down a dirt road. Ethan played at the edge of the patch as I made trips back and forth out to the field searching for nice specimens. While he waited for me to finish, Ethan entertained himself by eating dirt. Cute.
I used the stroller to push the pumpkins back to the barn where you pay for them with one hand as I carried dirt covered Ethan in the other arm. He thought the whole scene was pretty funny. Hilarious actually. So did I - and everyone in the market. A nice lady brought me a cart once we got to a paved area. It was a little hectic - but isn't everything you do with a toddler...