Ethan 'n Beckett Land

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Welcome Beckett Carter!

Well, one week ago today we were waiting around at the hospital for Beckett to go through all of his "checks" so we could be released. In some ways I can't believe it has already been a week - and yet only been a week since he was born! He fits in great with our family, and, of course, now it is hard to imagine him not being with us.I have skipped ahead a little bit in the blog to update about Beckett's arrival because we have had so many emails and requests for pictures - I will fill in the rest of the month of August for all you Ethan Land "fans" as I go along. You might have noticed that the name of the blog has changed to reflect our addition - the web link has not so it will still work in your web favourites if you have us there.
I also wanted to say that I thought about creating a new blog just for Beckett - but that also seems like an unreasonable amount of work at this point. I will make an effort to have some posts just about him so he does not end up with that second child feeling of neglect... I like to think that I could do two, but I realistically I'm already behind with this one, and my Thank you cards, and general correspondence to well-wishers, etc.... By the way, we appreciate all of the kind words and wishes sent to us this past week - it is nice to have such wonderful friends and family. Even though I haven't had a lot of time to respond, I appreciate getting the calls and emails.
Anyways, Beckett is a jem of a baby. He is very laid back and sleeps really well (as in - still gets up every few hours to eat, but goes right back to sleep in his bed when he is done). He spends his time sleeping, and eating and staring blankly at the curtains right now - BUT he is a very good "yawner" and great at stretching:)

Troy and I adore him, and Ethan varies between: being so gentle and kind with him it makes my heart melt - this morning when he got up he ran over and peered into the bassinet and said "Guh mornin, Betett!", to completely ignoring his existence. It is a big adjustment for all of us, and Ethan is handling it really well for a toddler. It's so hard to share centre stage...but you can see already that there is a bond there.
More to follow when I get some time... Welcome home, Beckett!

2 Comments:

  • Oh it's so like you to be on top of things! I'm not sure why I'm surprised that you have this posted already... You are a great momma Regina.
    Love to you all,
    Auntie Alicia

    By Blogger Alicia, at 5:23 PM  

  • awww the boys are sooo cute together!! they will have there moments but it still makes my heart melt when my kids get along!! it looks like u are adjusting well!! we send our love to you and cant wait to meet the new addition!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home