Ethan 'n Beckett Land

Friday, February 29, 2008

Just Because it is a Leap Year...

Hello and Happy February 29th!
It seemed like a great afternoon to make cookies - but really, what afternoon isn't?
Here is my little kitchen helper standing on his booster chair. Ethan really loves to be in the kitchen. Whenever I am working in there - he runs off to his room to noisily drag one of his little chairs in to see what I am up to and if he can get in on the action.
He likes to wash dishes, make Mama coffee, build houses out of snacks, cut with his tupperware knife, add ingredients, stir and mix...basically whatever I will let him get his hands on. Making popcorn in the air popper or smoothies in the magic bullet are a couple of the all time favourite kitchen activities.
When Daddy came home from work he sent Ethan in to get him a treat. Then they had a cookie "CHEERS!".

When Beckett woke up this afternoon, Troy took the boys in to play in Ethan's room so I could finish the cookies and make us some dinner. Ethan dumped his toys (as usual) and Daddy thought of a clever way to keep Beckett propped in his sitting position (he still tips over quite a bit). Ethan thought it looked fun - so he got his own "boat".

Here's drooly Beckett...

...Ethan giving Beckett a hug...
...and a kiss...
...and Beckett adoring his big brother...
Any memory of "Challenging Moments" disappears when you see your kids do things like this. These boys make me feel like I am going to burst from joy sometimes.

1 Comments:

  • Thanks Reg, This will get me through today and then 3 days off!!! Yeah!!!I want one of Ethan's marvelous cookies!
    Love Kel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home