Ethan 'n Beckett Land

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Baby Giraffe and the Mooselephant

When Beckett goes down for his morning nap, Ethan and I usually go out to the backyard to dig around, and it is muddy. I got tired of having to rinse the clumps of mud from my shoes each time I needed to go in the house - so I went to W*l-M*rt and got myself some fancy new gum boots (who says I don't splurge once and a while?).
Ethan is crazy about the boots and loves to put them on and try to get around in them. Except they are huge - way bigger than any other footwear of Troy's or mine that he has tried.

They look like giraffe patterned prosthetic legs...and in them he walks like a newborn giraffe.

In other news, Ethan has been crazy about drawing the last while and every morning he likes to have a round with the crayons. When he sits with Troy he is very demanding about what Daddy should draw because he is a good artist and can draw anything. When he sits with me we scratch away at Daddy's drawings and color them in. I am a good "colorer".

This is an awesome picture of a Mooselephant that Troy did - and the coloring inside was entirely completed by Ethan. This is one of the first times he has aimed to color an object on the page (not just scratch at random) and I have never seen him use so many colors on one picture. For mom it was picture and blog worthy.

Nice work, Ethan!

1 Comments:

  • That looks fridge worthy to me! Auntie Alicia's fridge needs some decoration.

    By Blogger Alicia, at 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home