Ethan 'n Beckett Land

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Here and There and Everywhere

I feel like we have been really busy in the past little while. Everyday it seems as if we are meeting someone, going somewhere, doing something. I love being on the go - but it seems like time is flying by, and I would like press pause for a while to soak up all the details of the summer because it has been so perfect. So here is a little rundown of events in the past week for us.
Friday
We went to Sam and Liam's place for a playgroup. Sam is running a daycare starting in the next couple of weeks and she wanted to have an open house. This was great as we hadn't seen them in a while, and her place is toy heaven. Ethan had a blast charging around and I had a great time chatting with other moms and watching all of the little ones play eagerly if not spastically (still learning to balance and control limbs - and pretty funny).
Liam showing Ethan his picture book...and a row of babes from the playgroup. It is so hard to get one toddler to sit still for a picture, six was a challenge to say the least!
Saturday
...and another row of babes (equally as hard to get to sit still for a picture due to alcohol consumption). L-R Joan, Tanya, Moira, Kellie, me, Angela, Annie, and Holly.
This weekend Troy was in yet another ball tournament, and he was so tired that he decided to stay home with Ethan Saturday night while I went out for Angela's 40th birthday. We had a blast, and Angela looks better than I've ever seen her look.
Sunday
Early: I woke up with a headache realizing that my car was at the party locale from the night before and I would not be able to get to it in time to meet Auntie Alicia and her dad, Morley, and Uncle Grant and their dog Qimik at 8 at Thetis Lake for a walk. Thank goodness they wanted to come to my place and walk in the forest nearby!

Midday: Go to the ballpark to watch a game and so dad can have a bit of playtime with Ethan between games. Curse at the drive between our place and McDonald Park in James Bay because of all of the tourists and Dragon Boaters spilling on to the road and making the traffic painful.

Mid-afternoon: Pass out on the couch while Ethan is napping while I should be cleaning because I have a friend coming to stay and some parts of my house are embarrassingly dirty. Oh well!

Evening: Back to the ball park to watch Troy's team win in the final, and than pick up my dear friend Dr. Carrie Marshall from the Clipper Ferry. She was here for a really quick visit on her way back home to Hawai'i. I hosted a get together for a couple of friends to visit with Carrie after Ethan's bedtime in my filthy house. My friends are kind enough not to comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home