Ethan 'n Beckett Land

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Morning

So this year I decided to try to cook my turkey (and as much other stuff as I could) on the 24th. Christmas Eve after we came home from my mom and Chris' house we pulled the cooked turkey out of the oven and carved it up. I put it in a dish with some chicken broth on the bottom and put it in the fridge with my 2 potato creations to be warmed about 45 minutes before dinner was to be served. Then we tidied the kitchen up. We were woken up pretty early by Beckett and Ethan so we put some coffee on and got ready to do the stockings and some Santa presents.
A couple of pictures of our beautiful tree with and without flash and various children and pets laying amongst the presents.
Ethan got kind of hung up on some chocolate he found at the top of his stocking and decided he didn't need any more presents for a little while. It was cute.
Daddy making our traditional waffle breakfast. It was nice not to have to compete for space and dishes trying to get turkey ready. Note the carcass in the background...
Ethan and his wonderful waffle breakfast.
Troy looked outside onto our porch after breakfast and he noticed that Oscar had ripped through the garbage bag and had his torso half way in the hole enjoying some turkey carcass. Merry Christmas, kitty!

During naptime, Troy cleaned up the bathroom and I got the rest of dinner prepped and set the table. I had to take pictures because - WHOSE HOUSE IS THIS? Where are all of the bath toys, toothbrushes, washcloths etc...I also wanted to document the state of my kitchen a couple of hours before a Christmas dinner when you have done everything the day before. This is to motivate myself for next year. Here are the pans waiting for pre-prepped veggies to go in, and the equipment needed for gravy. The 2 potato dishes, the stuffing and the carved turkey are all in oven friendly containers waiting to be thrown in the oven. Seriously! SO! Clean! With pomegranate martini station set up... This is the first Christmas that I actually got to see most of the presents opened and visit with people and be able to chat and re-fill drinks.
And our festive table. Maybe next year I can up the organization even more to be able to take some pictures once our guests arrive. It seems that once the martinis were served up I didn't have a hand free to take any more pictures...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home