Ethan 'n Beckett Land

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Seriously...

Since the time change we have had what I like to refer to as some "Challenging Moments" with Ethan's routine. Ethan was needing to go to bed at 6, which is crazy early and he was getting up just after 6am - which is fine, but I really like the 7 am start to the day better. Many would say - why not just put him to bed at 7 and he will sleep longer - WRONG! We tried that and the later we put him to bed - the earlier he got up. And when he has less sleep he is a handful, mentally unstable, and gets really whiny and cranky.
So we were resigned to the 6pm to 6am sleep and an hour earlier naptime - so 11 or 11:30ish.

Then one day last week - I put him in his crib for naptime and he decided he did.not.need.to.go.to.sleep.

I left him in there for an hour - sometimes he takes a while to settle - but instead of the usual talking or singing to himself I heard bed jumping and crashing around. He has taken to ripping the bedding off of his bed and throwing it on the floor.
Then a couple of days later he destroyed his crib mattress:

So now my once great napper has been very hit and miss and I NEEEED him to take that nap because it is a great break in my day. Yesterday I went in his room after an hour of jumping on the bed and saw this:Yes - an exhausted Ethan has ripped the bedding off of his new mattress and thrown it on the floor. He has removed most of his clothes and his diaper - thank GOD it was only damp. A number two might have been a breaking point for me.

So he obviously needs to nap still because when he does not nap we put him to bed right after dinner - 5 or 5:30 and he sleeps until 7 the next morning. AND the afternoons where there has been no nap are a rollercoaster of hyperactivity and crashing with serious whining and dark circles under the eyes.
Stupid time change. I guess the excitement of Christmas isn't helping either. Daddy thinks you may have turned into the devil:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home