Ethan 'n Beckett Land

Friday, June 08, 2007

Twenty Months Old!

This past month you were fascinated with the bug world - spiders, ants, "LAY-DEE" bugs - any small crawling critter you find is pretty entertaining. A few days ago we were in the back yard and a ladybug landed on my shirt. We put it on your hand and it crawled up your arm. You were smiling so wide...it flew away and so I said "bye-bye ladybug" and you copied me. You've been talking about it ever since. It is SO cute to watch you try to relay the story: you walk your fingers up your arm and then wave as you flutter your fingers into the sky acting out what the ladybug did that day.You are also still getting funnier by the minute! It is awesome that we can get you to say almost anything we want: "Hey, dude!", or "Hi, buddy", or "Do IT" from the Starsky and Hutch movie in a crazy deep voice. Your newest trick is pretending to sleep - as seen in these photos. When we say "Night, night!" you scrunch up your eyes and start to laugh.

Yesterday I had to go away for work all day - so I only saw you for a short time in the morning as I came home late last night. Today when I got you out of bed you ran to the kitchen asking for "moke" (milk) as usual. As I was pouring it you looked at me and said, "Wuv-voo, mama" out of the blue and with no prompting - I guess you must have missed me! My heart just about exploded and I am still floating through the day.

I wuv-voo too.

Mama XOXOX

1 Comments:

  • Awww
    I almost cried reading that!
    How adorable! Wish I could have seen it :) talk about melt your heart!

    Soo sweet!
    Lotsa love- Auntie T

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home