Ethan 'n Beckett Land

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Day in the Life - Part 1 - Morning

Ethan has been sleeping through the night for almost a whole week now - HOORAY! But since his sleep has been so solid (and deep I guess) he has been waking up early, as in between 5:30 and 6:30 am early. If he gets up at 5:30 I listen to him play in his crib until six (like this morning) because I do not want to encourage him to get up before then. Six is early enough!
Almost every morning since he was born, we take the dog out for a walk - rain or shine. After breakfast and playtime and getting ready for the day, we go outside by 8am to start our walk. Remembering this is something I would take for granted because we do it everyday - so I wanted to journal it for my memories and to show Ethan things we did when he gets older.I put Ethan in the stroller and usually let him sit on the porch and watch other dog walkers and kids on their way to school and buses go by while I water my flowers or hanging paskets.
Then, we 4x4 down the stairs (it was too tough to get a picture of that one by myself).

We go to the playground sometimes at the start, or sometimes at the end of our walk. We play on the swings. When we first put Ethan in the swings he would look kind of ill if we pushed him too high - now he loves it...the higher the better!
Here we are in the park looking at some ducks off a bridge. We wind through the trails and say hello to our neighbors and other dog friends, watch Cooper chase squirrels and jump on logs, and check out the foliage on our travels (which Ethan tries to eat most of the time).
This time of year has been great because we don't have to bundle up anymore and the park is so lush and beautiful.